Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mountain Trip

yay! We're back!
Andy and I left on Thursday for a get-a-way. We have not done this since Victor was born! It was really fun.
Thursday we went into Chapel Hill to the brewery to get some half gallons of beer. Yum.

Then we traveled to Tryon, NC--which is one of the cutest places I have ever been. It looks like somewhere right out of a picture book!
We stayed in a round house with Jay and Jessica. This was my first time meeting both of them. (Jay is a work buddy of Andy)

I really enjoyed meeting both of them. Very fun.
Friday morning we woke up with our hangovers in tow, and went to Asheville.
We walked around and got some yummy food to cure the hangover.
Asheville was alright.....
Then, Friday in the afternoon we headed off to Brevard--outside of Brevard--to Woody's camp out place on the west fork of the French Broad river.
This is an absolutely beautiful spot!!
We played in the water, and drank beer,& mimosas AKA mood lifters, (thank you Shannon) and hung out doing whatever felt relaxing. This is an annual thing for all of Andy's old college buddies, and their wives/girlfriends, kids, dogs, llamas etc. and people they know now...it's just a big camp-out party.
the pictures I put up here never end up where they are supposed to, so these might all be at the top. :)
The other picture is of a beer we ordered in Columbia, NC while we were waiting for Jay and Jessica, I asked for Large, and Large is what I got!




So then this morning Andy and I got up with our slight hangovers and aching bones (from sleeping on the ground), and went with Josh out to eat breakfast, then we rode to Statesville to meet up with my friend Morgan! I have not seen her since she gave birth in January, so this meant I also have never met her sweet pea, Gabriel.
He is sooooo cute!! and he was sweet the entire time we were eating lunch.


After we left Statesville we headed to Burlington to the Carter's outlet to buy all of my childrens' clothes for the fall/winter. I like to go there one time, buy all the sh**, and then not think about clothes for them anymore. I can do it in about 20minutes...five pants, six shirts, some panties and undershirt, pajamas, and out!
Ya!

Well, Elena informed me as soon as we walked in the door, that she is sleeping with us tonight, "in the first place." --translation, don't even put me in my bed first and say you will come to get me if I cry--just put me in your bed first.

7 comments:

potsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
davidmarlan said...

Hola Susana! He conocido tu blog a través de un enlace que me envío mi hermana. He disfrutado mucho leyendo tu viaje y viendo las fotos de Andy y los niños. Sigues igual que hace años. Un beso para todos.

David (Sevilla - España):)

davidmarlan said...

Hola Susana! He conocido tu blog a través de un enlace que me envío mi hermana. He disfrutado mucho leyendo tu viaje y viendo las fotos de Andy y los niños. Sigues igual que hace años. Un beso para todos.

David (Sevilla - España):)

davidmarlan said...

Hola Susana! He conocido tu blog a través de un enlace que me envío mi hermana. He disfrutado mucho leyendo tu viaje y viendo las fotos de Andy y los niños. Sigues igual que hace años. Un beso para todos.

David (Sevilla - España):)

davidmarlan said...

Hola Susana! He conocido tu blog a través de un enlace que me envío mi hermana. He disfrutado mucho leyendo tu viaje y viendo las fotos de Andy y los niños. Sigues igual que hace años. Un beso para todos.

David (Sevilla - España):)

Susan said...

David!
Que bien que me encontraste aca.
Pues asi siempre sabras lo que pasa conmigo.
Como estan por alli?
Todo pasa bien?
Leo?

Bethany said...

Fun trip and cute pix, Susan! Glad to see you ordered a large. :)Elena's comment cracked me up - Cole is 7 and still pulls that on us! :) We joke that he'll be in high school, still sneaking into our bed...

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...