Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

How did you celebrate?

I was in dreamland. Snuggled in con Elena.
Here are some of the more exciting New Year's Adventures I have had:

1997 In London con mi amiga Avril
One year in Atlanta con Andy y amigos
2001 In Seattle on our honeymoon--that was a really fun one
2003 In Madrid with Andy --we had no money and the food was all outrageously priced in all the bars--we drank about a gallon of Cava I think and I was too passed out to go out to ring in the New Year--we must have gone in to pee or something --into our hotel--Andy went back out and got kissed in la plaza del sol (or at least that is what he reported to me..hmm hmm. :) The next morning we found a whole stash of Euros tucked away that we should have been spending the night before.
Everyone was wearing these green Santa Claus hats.??
In Miami in 2004 with Lyla and Andy in Mary's yard--we did not leave the yard, but we did not need to. ;).
2005 in Savannah. I was huge and pregnant, but that was a fun place to be on New Year's Eve.

Since babies, we have been in the house every year I think. But that is fine.
:)

Book update: That book I reported on is actually first published in English. It is a good book! :)
Check it out. The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz

Have a great day today, the first day of 2009! :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You have had a lot of New Year's adventures! I love to hear where people have traveled, and the good times had.
Yes, since kids, New Year's doesn't mean much - other than that our neighbors will be setting off fireworks and waking me up, but hopefully not my kids... :)

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...