Thursday, June 4, 2009

journal

This is the journal entry I just read of a first grader:

The thing I will miss most about first grade is (this is the part he copied from the teacher) going to see ms. hill. She is nise and she is prtty.

That is a big deal for several reasons.
1. speech teachers are almost always forgotten --in the appreciation dept.
2. This child is the cutest thing in the world--he is one of three boys, two of whom have significant learning disabilities, and they all look alike, so i gues i am just glad that our appreciation of one another is igual. :)

In our county the second and third grades are housed in a different building, so I will not see this child next year.
I bet I will have his little brother, though. ;). (Although I hope not, b/c I hope he did not get the speech/LD genes--for his sake)

This year is coming to a close FAST! :)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

What better compliment than to be called nise and prtty?! Be still my heart.

Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

How sweet! This post did make me miss some of my sweet kiddies at school just a little bit! BUT...this is my first Friday off and I AM LOVING IT! I am going to have lunch with Measer at this cool mexican restaurant for a late birthday lunch. Miss you and hope you have a happy Friday and a great weekend...How many more days of school you got???

Susan said...

I have two more days of school!!!
That is with the students.
After that--I get off officially the 12th of June.
YAY! I cannot wait!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...