Friday, April 16, 2010

does anyone else think this is strange?

i was just on facebook and my family picture is up there from
the other week when we had our pics. taken.
i hate the picture.
the photographer posts all of his material to f*book.
so then SOMEONE ELSE not even the photographer put it up on that
constant stream of crap that pops up--whatever it is called--
she put my photo up there.
then someone i barely know commented on it.
none of it was mean.
the girl who did it is SO SWEET!
i just wonder what would make someone do this???

is this strange to anyone else?
or is it only {strange} to me b/c i hate the picture
and i wish it were not on facebook in the first place?
not even in the photographers little facebook spot???

facebook is so strange....maybe i will just exit it, and then i will never know that people are commenting on the open forum bulletin board about pictures of me...

hmm...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I don't know what to do first - comment here, or go to fb and see your picture! ;) Yes... that is weird and I do not like it! You can UNtag yourself from the picture, but that won't change the weirdness/invasiveness... The friends I have been on fb longest with have all decided we will never tag another without approval. It's just not cool! A so-so friend tagged me in a pic, and I can't stand the pic of me. But I felt it would be rude to untag - which is ridiculous! It's a picture of ME!

Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

I agree with you. I don't think that photographer should be able to just post your family's pic without you signing some type of release or something. I would say something to them about it if it really is bothering you. Especially with your kids on it. I have a related kind of thing that happened to me with one of Gabriel's pics, remind me to tell you about it when I see you...He ended up blown up on display at the local community college (the person who did his pics goes there and just happens to be slightly related to me) ALL WITHOUT MY PERMISSION I really should have said something to her, obviously it still bothers me :) So I say, tell the photographer you don't appeciate it!!!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...