Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Update on the bluebirds

They did not pick our property after all!
The real estate market really is dried up, no?
When you can't even get some birds in a prime location bird house!
FOR FREE!

While ago there were some other birds out there hovering about--they were
reddish brown.
So I thought, "those birds had better not be messing with my bluebird babies!"
I got up--put on long socks and my clogs--to avoid the poison ivy
that is {probably} growing around that tree.
I went and got the ladder-propped it against the tree--the whole time i was thinking..oh please don't let a bird fly out at my face! (like in a movie)
guess what...

NOTHING!
There is not a thing in that box!

So I guess it would be fine for those reddish brown birds to move in now..
I have probably scared them off.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I've been in a homeowner for 15 years and, among the three houses I've owned, I never saw a bluebird until last week. They can be a bit fickle at times.

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...