Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the cure

Okay, so this time, with the PMS I am trying a different route--I am giving in.
I am completely giving in to whatever craving!
For example, on Sunday I went ahead and bought several types of candy bars that are my favorites..
1000 Grand (three for a dollar--good bargain at PMS time)
and the new 3 Musketeers truffle bar--which I am convinced has been designed
for women who have PMS--as the chocolate has a very feminine stenciled pattern
on the bottom--the perfect {make me feel better} PMS touch! :)



Next I thought of what food I am craving...
Well, that would be Lasagna and Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce...don't forget the
garlic bread with tons of butter --provided by Pepperidge Farm.
Salad?   (no, there is one made but it is not what I WANTED) ;)
Then I am drinking lots of water (for all that retaining that needs to go on).
Then, I am also not exercising, and I am not drinking any alcohol.

So far, I have not yelled at my kids, cried uncontrollably, or felt bitter against the world during
this PMS session.
Which, to me, seems like I might have found a cure for it??? maybe???
Oh, and don't forget no scales..this is the week of "make me feel better"
And I am beginning to think this is the way God wanted it to be...maybe even
physiological...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

You are actually {scientifically} right! I saw a lady MD 2 months ago talking about PMS and real ways they are studying to help lessen the effects. One thing she said had real impact: a big pasta meal with tomato sauce. Go, you! I have tried that one for 2 months, and DO feel better too. Forget the salad, ya. And, I'm with you on choc treats. I go for a pk of Rolos, old-school baby. XO

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I've never seen those Three Musketeers before, but you better believe I'm going to find some.

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...