Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The sound of silence....

So, on the first Tues. night of every month I go to Circle meetings.
Church ladies....doing church lady stuff, and organizing ourselves to get it all done...

Those of you who know me personally know:
1.  I like to get stuff done
2.  I like to be around people

If you read my blog you know:
1.  I am constantly re-discovering that I am terrible working on {committees}
2.  I am practicing silence these days on all committee type activities...that's right..no talking.
{put a sock in it, Susan}

So, tonight was probably my best one yet.
I bet I only said three snippets the whole time--two were social snippets--so those do not really
count--I was not being opinionated --I was simply visiting.
The other WAS AN IDEA/opinion..which was immediately shot down by the person in charge...

so there you have it...the reason not to {share} at meetings....

So, did you ever wonder how the brass chancel rail at church gets cleaned, or how the Chrismon Tree gets put up and expertly decorated?, or how those beautiful flowers appear on the alter each Sunday, or how these great bake sales happen..... I'll give you a hint...XX.
That is what we organize and talk about at the Circle meeting.... And please keep in mind that I am
not trivializing any of the above important happenings...

I just think it is interesting that I am discovering how little so few have to say in order for it all to happen....
really I don't do much either to be honest..the ones who talk a lot--also do a whole bunch....

Live and learn, no? :)
Good night!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Susan- practicing silence?! It makes me smile to think about. That is a {real} achievement. Ah... circle meetings... interesting group, I'm sure. Fist pump for silence!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...