Monday, April 18, 2011

savings

Okay, so now i see how people get into this.
It is gratifying, when you are broke--or I guess even if you are not...
to {save} money.
Tonight I spent 106.00 at the grocery store.
I would have spent 131.00at the grocery store without the coupons.
So, that is pretty good.

Now, these groceries went on the credit card b/c by the 15th of the month I have no
pay check left...so I guess that actually means that I am 25.00 (plus the interest it would accrue)
less in debt than I would have been without the coupons...

And more on the debt topic...
You know I had the travel dilemma..well, it is a dilemma no more.
My stipulation for going was that if the school system would give me even some of the money
and if I could get free airfare--FF miles--
I would go.
Got the miles covered...
BCS would not give me a dime for professional development.
I did not want the full amnt.
I was just looking for a sign...some backup to the argument that I should
spend three days at the Ritz Carlton in San Juan PR learning more about being
a bi-lingual Spanish speaking speech therapist....
Nope! nothing doing....
As the psychologist working with me pointed out...the bosses {probably} do
not even get it...why this skill should be nourished..and how {rare} a bird I am...
As Andy pointed out, many people around here would love to hate me just b/c I
do speak a Farghn tongue (no lie/sad but true)
So there is my truth for tonight...
It had me bummed out all last week.
Especially when I read the sports page (have a real beef against athletics...go figure)
but anyway..I was reading all about how Tiger is in China now, and how they are getting into
golf big-time over there, and it was just a slap in the face to me...
What good does it even do to be smart?...better to be better with balls...


I guess I will get over it now...maybe another year!
There's always Paris--{right, Lara?} ;).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What site are you using? Go read my "shoe" post!! You will like it!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...