Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sisters!

This post does not involve pictures, so I can write it now.
This past weekend my sister came to STN with me.
I had a CAbi party on Saturday and she STN. {spent the night}

The past several times that I have been around my sister, and over
the past few phone chats I have noticed something.
After 32 years...our relationship is becoming well seasoned.
I guess it could be kind of like cooking a pork roast--at least according to my
mama--you have to cook it a loooonnnnggg time, and then booyah!--it is the best
roast ever.

Lara and I are only two years apart, so many years of our sisterhood were
--hmm...{turbulent}.
Then we both got married and had all kinds of tots running around...{chaotic}
Now, when we get together, and at least some of our children can leave us alone,
we can really have fun together.
We both relate to eachother so well...
I mean who else has known me THAT long???

Another sign of this seasoning..our phone chats.
each night i talk on the phone to at least one friend
and most nights my mama or daddy.
For the past several weeks I notice that
lara and i have THE MOST FUN laughing
together on the phone.
She is the friend I laugh with.

There is something to be said for this, b/c there have been moments
(A LONG TIME AGO, LARA)
when I wondered if I would ever think of my sister as
a friend.

Now I know the answer!
and I LOVE IT! :)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

sweet... it's true, you get to know the ins and outs of the sibling, and it is so easy after a while. to just be friends. I guess Isaiah is my "sister" :) and we have those calls now. Here is how they start, Me: WTH are you calling me at 5pm again for?! Worst time ever! Him: giggle, sip on drink, I know!!!
Good post.. I like this.

Jenn@TheCakeDish said...

Awww... I know just what you mean!

LPC said...

Thanks Sister! This is so sweet, and I read it on my birthday! Best gift ever!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...