Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to School!

Well here it is!  Sometimes things just come full circle. :)
This lady on the right--she was my third grade teacher.
The child in the middle, she is my third grader.
My mama still had my work and my happy grams from when I was in her room.
She looks just as cute now as she did then!
Different room in the building....
But I bet Elena will love her just as much.
She loves tropicana roses...I remember that about her even after 27 years.
Maybe we will send her some. 
So many precious connections are made in schools in small towns.
Four of Elena's friends from kindergarten are in her class this year.

Re: Victor and first grade--I forgot my camera for his open house!! I cannot even believe it, b/c you know the look on his face was priceless. 
Watching children meet teachers is so sweet and fun.
I am getting better at just stepping back and letting the interaction be their own.
It can be hard.
When the first day rolls around I will snap a couple fotos.  
I will be right in the building with Victor so no worries.



No comments:

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...