Monday, July 14, 2008

Visitors



This weekend our friends Shannon and Joel came to see us, and their little girl Carter. We had a really good time! :)
We cooked yummy food:

Stuffed Egg Plant
Crusted Zucchini
Soft Shell Crabs
Grilled fish, and shrimp
y a little sevillana salad that I make
with cucumbers and tomato and bell pepper

We drank tinto del verano and lots of beer.
We played in the river and fished.
Elena caught and reeled in her first fish (I did not have the camera
with me) with her B*rbIe fishing rod.
She also spent lots of time jumping off the pier :) yay!

Now, Andy and I just have to figure out-- boat or no boat?
Every time we have company, we want one.
BUT do we want to pay for one?...not really. We like free stuff,
or really cheap stuff.

The picture I posted is of a soft shell crab.
You fry and eat the whole crab. When you get them in fancy restaurants
they don't clean out the yellow gunk-some people love it.
But my mama has always totally cleaned the gunk out by tearing off the soft shell--which is what I do.
It is yummy!!!! :)

No comments:

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...