Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy night!

Wow, when I logged in I checked out my blog bar and it looks like we are all doing some bloggin tonight, chicas! :)
Yay! but due to my having to do things in a particular order...hmm hmm, I will add my juicy tid-bit, and THEN I will relax and enjoy the ones y'all have added.
Work first, then relax, no?
First a picture:



This was taken this morning. This is what Elena and Victor did--no posing, here, promise. Elena had just gotten out of bed, and after the V man checked out the affection sharing you know he had to have a piece of that. :) He has a temper but he is extremely affectionate. He even winks at little old ladies! HA! When he has not seen me all day, he winks at me. swoon...

Here is a quote from the poisonwood bible, by good ole B. Kingsolver. When I read the book I folded this page down b/c I really liked this passage:
"But the last one: the baby who trails her scent like a flag of surrender through your life when there will be no more coming after--oh, that's love by a different name. She is the babe you hold in your arms for an housr after she's gone to sleep. If you put her down in the crib, she might wake up changed and fly away. So instead you rock by the window, drinking the light from her skin, breathing her exhaled dreams. Your heart bays to the double crescent moons of closed lashed on her cheeks. She's the one you can't put down."

I just love the way that B. Kingsolver writes. It is just beautiful. :)

Okay, I would write a thankful thursday post...but it's not thursday yet, huH?
I earned my salary today, folks, and I am tired.
So, here's to enjoying the posts of others, and journeying to Whitney's world. :)

2 comments:

Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

LOVE the triple hug pic, before long it will be a QUADRUPLE hug!
Love ya!
I think the deleted comment on my blog was that Melissa posted the same thing twice, you nosey thing :) :)

Bethany said...

That is a darling shot. The quote is beautiful & eloquent - she says it all, right? And it is absolutely true. We are that way w/ Phoenix. We pick him up when he's happy, just to squeeze him. We stand at his crib and watch him sleep... So glad you posted that. Have to re-read that book. But guess what is waiting at the Whyberry for me: Oscar Wao!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...