Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!





Wow, we had the best Thanksgiving ever!
When I was little my Daddy had to work a lot on Thanksgiving. He was a state Trooper and he had to work on holidays.
One tradition I think we had for a while was going to my mama's friend's house, Ms. Dorothy, and Mr. Bubba's --but then they got divorced (or maybe they came to my house?)
Andy's family--well, apparently his dad was on call a lot.
His mama said one day she had all the stuff ready and his dad had to leave to go to the hosp. b/c he was on call.

Well, I have decided that I like to cook stuff and that I will just have the meal at my house each year. Whoever wants to can just show up.
This year it was my Daddy, Andy's parents and our children.
Fun!
We used all the fun stuff.
The china.
My leaf napkin rings that i got one saturday with my mama when I was probably in High school ;).
I love them.
We have had some wine and beers. ;).
We have made a leaf fort and eaten THE BEST TURKEY EVER!
fUN fUN.
I must say, that I am very thankful for my family. I love my parents and Andy's parents and our children more that any words can express.
I miss our siblings...wish they could come over..(they are with the outlaws this t-giivng).
We watched the parade and the dog show.
Tonight we are just going to eat leftovers and chill out.

Happy thanksgiving all you bloggers out there..
and for my official sentiment on this national holiday and its lore...check out maryellen's blog--last year i stole it ..this year i am too lazy. :).

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hey! Sounds like a good turkey day - it's great that you are starting that tradition. Cook it and they will come over.:)

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...