Saturday, December 12, 2009

We interupt this happy hour....

To bring you a funny {to me} story about sisters...
I just had some wine with my sister via telephone and now I am completely laughing to myself..
One time when we were little we had a dance recital in which our dance teacher had a special dance for all the sisters she taught...the song was from some old musical..
it went..sisters..sisters..blah blah blah blah blah..sisters...
We had to wear a Le Moulin Rouge (the dance barn) t-shirts and red shorts.
All the other girls wore red shorts also purchased from the dance studio and printed with the same logo etc.
My sister and I wore some red hawaiian print rose's (the store) "jams".
My sister was MORTIFIED at having to wear these reject shorts.
I...well..I just did not care.
I can still hear my mama's comment "I am not going to buy anothah payah (another pair) of red shorts for y'all--you can weah (wear) your red jams (she swore they were the same thing) that you already have! I have already spent {insert astronomical amnt here} for the costumes (sparkly sequined leotards)!"
I just cracks me up to think about that dance...and those shorts...
You might've had to be theah (there). :)--
but i just had two glasses of wine with my sistah (who I love dearly) and I am recalling this...
WE could laugh together if she were heah (here). :)

Now..to get this song posted here....hold on...



This is sort of true...we always had to share clothes! :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

HA!!!! I can just heah youah Mama say that! Oh no... the days of sharing clothes. Oops. Jadyn just started saying "I don't want to look like her or wear what she is wearing!" Oy.

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...