Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The blah blah recommends blah blah...

I read this in one of those magazines that tells you how to be a mommy.
blah blah blah...
Do people really read those and then do what they say?
Do people listen/mind the recommendations of a magazine over their own common sense?
So, when big E was born the rec. was NOT to feed your baby any foods that
are common allergens. I, of course, did not do that..if I made eggs the baby ate eggs, when I chewed up peanuts into mush...she ate them b/c she liked them (I freakin love peanuts!--so of course I wanted the baby to share some with me!)
I did the same with V. --even though some american academy recommended otherwise..like waiting til puberty to give them a peanut or some other non-sensical thing.
So NOW--GUESS WHAT!!
They have CHANGED THEIR MINDS FOLKS!
Yes, they now say to give the baby the allergen foods earlier....oooohhh okay.
So will I stop giving them to little E now?
No..b/c I do not just do the opposite of whatever is recommended, sino...I
just DO WHAT I THINK IS BEST FOR MY BABY!

Oh..also in that magazine was the current average age of potty training are you ready for this?...

36 months!!
DISGUSTING I say. People who wait that long are idiots!
Two is the age of independence..the classic struggle to be a baby but not be a baby..so why in the world would anyone with a typically developing child endure an entire nother year wiping shi!!y diapers??? Three year olds who are not potty trained..ugghh..that is gross.
DUMB!

What was it I said about not putting my opinions up here?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

:) Woman, you and your opinions are inseparable! And we keep coming back for more... You are a little {conundrum} though - anxious about vaccines - casual about peanuts. That is funny. One of the kids I babysit just turned 3 - and is NOT potty-trained! We have 7 babies to tend, and it is not in the job description... but I still ask him if he wants to potty. He is absolutely uninterested. And he is not difficult! A sweet, copperative boy. You'd think this could have happened already!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...