Friday, May 13, 2011

No joke (public health disaster?)

Many of you probably remember the song, "Poison Ivy" from the 50's...
Well, late at night,
when  I was sleeping ...
Poison Ive came a creepin' around hound hound hound hound...
It is NO JOKE.
I would post some pictures --if you know my Mama, she took them...
They would be so gross, you might stop reading FOREVER.
Somehow, or another, I got poison ivy, and I had a TERRIBLE REACTION.
Did I get it in New Jersey?  That was a big yard, with lots of ivy...
Did I get if from my yard?  I did do yard work two weeks ago.

All I know is I had a nagging itching, that climbed its way up my legs,
and I waited for two days...
On Tues. at that point I could not be at work, b/c I did not know what was oozing and swelling on my
legs...
It was disgusting...
One shot of steroids later, one twelve day prescription of steroids later, one prescription of Adirax,
to quell, the anxiety/itching/not sleeping later..
Well, it still looks terrible.
I still itch!!!

Crazy to me is,
I have played in the woods my whole life,
I have worked in the yard...
Have I never come into contact with this before???

Hope you never get this...
it is my idea of torture for a terrible enemy..

No comments:

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...