Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So long!

Gone...

This house was in Nags Head on the sound.
It was called the Stinson Ranch.
I have always loved this house, ever since I discovered it one time when I was out
rambling, sometime in high school.
This house sat out on the sound from 1898 until 2011.
Man!  Too bad...
The sunset view from the rocks around this house is beautiful, and I imagine
that since 1898 many people have enjoyed the sunset from that porch.
If you want to read more about it, this foto was borrowed from the
Our State magazine.
One of their photographers took it, not me...
check out an article in Our State if you are curious..

I am off to enjoy some spam and cheese toast...
yippie! :)
We do love spam around here, and by {we} I mean --well, me. :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Well, luckily my bro Zay gave me a subscription for Christmas! So I can indeed check out that photo, as soon as I get my next issue. If it's in the new one? Wow.. that is sad... I was looking at pics today of Aurora, and stories of missing houses, found across the river. Whew.

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...