Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SHOCKED! {updated}

Good morning everyone,

I was just packing my lunch.
I was about to open a little cardboard wrapper of some diced
peaches in a little plastic cup when I saw it...!!!

Product of China

What in the world??? This cannot and does not make sense to me.
It's not b/c I am being some kind of nationalist who will only eat merkin peaches either.
It is b/c of how absolutely {stupid} it is to me that the grocery store
based in freakin
Salsbury NC is importing a fruit that
GROWS RIGHT IN THE STATE UNDERNEATH US!!!
This drives me bonkers.

I will not eat them.
They will go back on the shelf, and I will complain to the
people at the store--the manager, and
the ones in Salsbury.

I guess while I'm at it I could also complain that all their seafood comes from
Thailand or somewhere too...and ummm...
We are surrounded by salty water that is absolutely full of fish...
Yeah, maybe I will!
:)

No peaches for Elena today....

So when I went into Food Lion the girl there, the manager, readily gave me my money back for the Chinese peaches...
I headed back to the packaged fruit aisle to get a replacement and....
wait for it...
wait for it...
try to guess..
THERE WAS NOT A REPLACEMENT.
All the companies that sell the cute little packaged fruit are getting the peaches
from China, oh, and the pears, they are from Thailand.
Man, that pear tree down the road is looking more and more vital every day!
The manager was very nice, but she acted like I had lost my marbles, and then
the cashier, well, she wanted to blame the government.
I said to her, "actually, greedy people, who run these companies love to buy the cheapest fruit, and then they can make the most profits, and since these peaches and pears come from somewhere where the farmers {probably have to follow} zero environmental rules or regulations...well, I bet those were some cheap pears and peaches..."
I also said--I am sure she wanted me to shut the hell up--
that if we all stopped putting up with it...AKA don''t buy the Chinese fruit 
well, the companies would stop putting it out there...


Then the manager said, "well, I don't eat no fruit anyway, I am allergic to all of it..."
Well, there you go, I thought to myself, I thanked her kindly and walked out, with my


BAG OF WHITEHOUSE BRAND APPLESAUCE IN THE LITTLE PLASTIC CUPS...WHICH
IS A PRODUCT OF THE UNITED STATES, AND PACKAGED HERE TOO!!
I guess we will be getting our {sauce} on this Winter..
:)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I know, it is crazy, this fruit stuff! Hey, the people I lived with in Moravian Falls used to sell their apples to White House - from their organic orchard. Organic as in, they leave it alone and let the trees and fruit do what they please. So, b/c they are then "imperfect," White House makes sauce and juice from them. YUM.

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...