Saturday, November 19, 2011

The King's Speech

That movie was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
If you read my blog, and you have not seen it,
GO RENT THIS MOVIE!!
I was entralled the entire time.
If you have not seen it, you might stop reading here....don't wanna spoil it...

*I was so sad to hear the king talk about how terribly he was treated as a child...
can you imagine?  his nanny tried to starve him??!!
**Isn't it also strange to think that he was paraded in front of his parents daily for a sort of check-up..
can you imagine having children and having them be nothing  more that what you "check" on?
What a pity!
*all of the actors in that movie did a phenomenal job.
**i went directly to google to look all of those people up
*If you are an SLP--did it strike you as interesting that he played music
into the duke's ears while the duke spoke during the first speech session?
This is very much like delayed or altered auditory feedback, which is used in therapy now.
**I loved the affection that he and his wife showed to one another.  It was so tender and sweet.
You could tell she was his biggest fan, and he knew it!

I guess that is all I can say for now, I am so tired...
This movie watching weekend has been fun.
yay for 52 cent movies at the b-buster!

2 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I haven't seen this yet, but I bought it for my husband for Christmas. Isn't it so giving of me to give him the movie that I want to see? ;-)

Susan said...

yes! Marvelous idea...along the lines of me thinking that an I pad would be a super surprise for Andy... hee hee..sneaky, and clever...
I bet he will like it.

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...