Saturday, June 21, 2014

Confessions about {me}!

I love this little section of the US W33kly each week.
The person tells 25 things about themselves that are just odd or quirky etc.
Since today I am 36, here goes:
1.  I have never seen the movie Top Gun.
2.  I have never seen the move The neverending Story
3.  I am ambidextrous, for real.  I have no idea why I complete all fine motor tasks with my left hand, and all gross motor tasks with my right hand.
4.  I love all teeny things.  Small, little teeny things are my favorites.  They always have been, since I was little.  One time I carried a teeny apple around in my hand for two weeks..til it was sauce.  I think I was taking care of it. LOL
5.  I do not easily join groups of people.  I find friends, but their groups do not tend to adopt me as a member.  Who knows why, and I guess I do not care.
6.  Disney world is not on my agenda.  I went when I was two--that was 1980.  The big gold ball building was not even there yet then, and I guess we will never go there...Andy has no desire to go there.
7.  I was terrified--like a phobia--of water over my head until I was about 11.  I could swim etc.  --but not touching was terrifying to me.  My ever-patient super hero cousin finally convinced me how stupid this was when I was about 11...maybe 10...not sure.
8.  Cherries are my favorite foods.
9.  Avocados are next.
10.  The NYC subway system at rush hour (one time in my life) when trying to  reach New Jersey--is one of the rings of hell in my mind--for sure.
11.  Frankie Valle's song, "You're just too good to be true"  is one of my favorites.
12.  Another is, Dire Straits, "Sultans of swing"
13.  One day I will spend an entire Summer in Spain.
14.  I have a big fascination with languages and linguistics.  If I could have my dream job, I would just be a linguistics nerd.
15.  Hymns at church make me cry, and I wonder if this is genetic.  My mama does the same thing.  It is not sad, nor is it happy...just CRY.  Just pure emotion.
16.  Certain foods have a dirt taste and I like them...beets, potatoes, peanuts, rutabagas.   I like them b/c I like the taste of dirt a bit...
17.  The smell of a baby's head is the best smell in the world...as far as hitting that center of the brain place and making you think everything is {okay}.
18.  My favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo.
19. I have a bad temper, and when I get mad I have to throw things and yell.  I think that is why my blood pressure is super low! :)  110/70 or so
20.  One favorite quote of mine is "Be who you are, and say how you feel, those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."
21.  Eleanor Roosevelt is my hero!
22.  One of my ancestors is the inventor of the Dewar Flask--google it.
23.  I love to look stuff up about my ancestors, most of whom came to North Carolina in the 1700's and were just poor farmers.
24.  Snobbery is my least favorite characteristic of any human.  --Snobbery = dumbassery.
25.  My Birthday is the longest day of the year.

that is all my friends!  Have a great day!
I am listening to the NPR top summer hits list...and eating crab legs for my birthday supper.
Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I smiled the whole time I was reading this. :) Most excellent confessions about {you}. You are super!

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...