Monday, October 25, 2010

So long...Antoinette

After this Marie Antoinette book, I am finished with my obsession.
It is too tragic, the whole story....
It makes me nervous, and anxious...
I guess it's back to US weekly, shopaholic...and this free stash of books I just found
beside my bead that includes..Nora {Roberts?}, and some other much heard of's who I have
never read...

Maybe it will all be lighthearted.
:)

Oh! and when I was doing my Mega Googling to find out {ALL I COULD} about good ole Marie...
I discovered that her ancestor--Carlos V de Spain...his lower jaw was deformed --all that inbreeding supposedly...and he could hardly chew his food....YIkes! (I do not remember this from all those portraits of him in museums btw)...anyway..he had lots of indigestion.
{Poor} guy

3 comments:

Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

Susan, I have a great series of books you need to read...they are by Phillipa Gregory and are all about the Tudors in England (Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII,etc)...I couldn't put them down...They are fact blended with contemporary rumours and they are GOOD! Here is her website http://www.philippagregory.com/

THe first book in the series is The Constant Princess.

Bethany said...

Goodbye tragedy! Hello fluff! :)

Susan said...

Morgan,
I have been noticing all of these in your line up. ;).
I think I might conquer these next...
I love a series!
Oh, and I also love to try to figure out how all these people were related etc.

Spot on!

Spot is our family's chihuahua.  He is what we call, "an evil dictator/stuffed animal come to life".  Sometimes, after he has ...